Vel Tech Premier League 2023
- Registration fee Rs.500/- to be paid before commencement of the match
- One Coach cum Manager (Faculty from any Department)
- Maximum of 32 teams, Selection is based on first cum first serve.
- The inauguration is scheduled on 15/08/2023.
- 32 teams will play in the knock out cum League tournament named as VPL (Vel Tech Premier League). All teams shall abide by the Rules of the Tournament.
- Teams will be selected based on first-cum-first serve basis. First 32 teams will be selected for the Tournament.
- The Tournament matches shall be conducted only on Sundays and Government Holidays.
- Entry fee for the Tournament will be Rs-500/-per team. A Player cannot play for more than one team. If any player (or) team is found to have done this, the player and the team will be banned from playing the entire Tournament.
- All the fixtures will be arranged by the Tournament committee.
- The tournament Committee will provide Tennis ball (Heavy type) for the matches and the teams should bring their own kits, bats and the Players should be dressed in proper uniform.
- Matches will be played in 10 overs each format.
- All the International cricket rules will be followed.
- Free hit after a foot fault no ball: The Delivery following a no ball called for a foot fault shall be free hit for whichever batsman is facing it. If the delivery for a free hit is not a legitimate (any kind of no ball or wide ball), then the next delivery will become a free hit for whichever batsman is facing it. For any free hit, the striker can be dismissed only under the circumstances that apply for a no ball, even if the delivery for the free hit was called a wide ball. Field changes are permitted for free hit deliveries. Signal for free hit delivery is circling a hand over the head.
- The match will be decided based on Super Over (1 Over) incase both teams have scored equal runs.
- If match is stopped due interference of weather or Poor Light, the match shall be decided in the Following ways:
a) If it is league stage, points will be shared.
b) If it is, knock out stage, the match will be postponed to the next day. It will be a fresh match and the washed out match stands cancelled.
- One day International rules shall be applicable on wide balls.
- Any runs resulting from a no ball, shall be scored in addition to the one run for the no ball. If the ball is struck, the runs scored shall go to the credit of the striker, while the one run for the no ball shall be credited to the side under column “NO BALL EXTRAS”.
- Any runs resulting from a wide shall be added to the one run for the wide and all such runs shall be credited as “WIDES”.
- All the disputes will be decided by the tournament committee.
- Protest if any, may be lodged within one hour after completion of the match with a fee of Rs-200/- which is non- refundable. Protest unaccompanied with the fee will NOT be considered. All the Protest should be sent to the Organizing Committee only by the captain.
- The decision of the Tournament Committee on any protest or on the interpretation of any rules is final.
- Teams should report at the Ground half an hour before the schedule time as to facilitate the start of the match at the scheduled time.
- Teams before tossing should give in writing the names of Players, the playing eleven as well as the 12th man with their signatures.
- The Tournament Committee shall be authority for the interpretation of these rules and regulation and decision upon any question or matters not provided by these rules be final and binding on all concerned.
- Teams failed to remit entrance fee will not be allowed to participate in the tournament.
- In any circumstances, Umpires decision is final.
Prof. Dr. E. Kannan
Registrar & Dean Campus Affairs
Professor & Head Maintenance Department of Mechanical Engineering
Head Department of Physical Education and Sports
B.P.ES, M.P.Ed, M.Phil, (Ph.D.)P.G Dip.in Yoga
Asst – Director of Physical Education
Assistant Professor Department of mechanical engineering