- Thirty two teams will play in the knock out cum League tournament named as VPL (Vel Tech Premier League). All teams shall abide by the Rules of the Tournament.
- Teams will be selected based on first-cum-first serve basis. First Thirty two teams will be selected for the Tournament.
- The Tournament matches shall be conducted only on Sundays and Government Holidays.
- Entry fee for the Tournament will be Rs-500/-per team. A Player cannot play for more than one team. If any player (or) team is found to have done this, the player and the team will be banned from playing the entire Tournament.
- All the fixtures will be arranged by the Tournament committee.
- The tournament Committee will provide Tennis balls (heavy type) for the matches and the teams should bring their own kits, bats and the Players should be dressed in proper uniform.
- Matches will be played in 12 overs each format.
- All the International cricket rules will be followed.
- Free hit after a foot fault no ball: The Delivery following a no ball called for a foot fault shall be free hit for whichever batsman is facing it. If the delivery for a free hit is not a legitimate (any kind of no ball or wide ball), then the next delivery will become a free hit for whichever batsman is facing it. For any free hit, the striker can be dismissed only under the circumstances that apply for a no ball, even if the delivery for the free hit was called a wide ball. Field changes are permitted for free hit deliveries. Signal for free hit delivery is circling a hand over the head.
- The side that scores more runs shall be the winner.
- If match is stopped due interference of weather or Poor Light, the match shall be decided in the Following ways:
A) In case both teams have scored equal runs, the team which has scored with less number of fair deliveries shall be winner.
B) Should (A) above is equal, the team which has lost less number of wickets shall be winner.
C) Should (A) and (B) above are equal, the match will be decided based on Super Over (1 Over)
a)If it is league stage, points will be shared.
b)If it is, knock out stage,
- The second batting team should have opportunity to play the 50% of the allotted Overs and winner shall be decided on the basis of the average run rate of the each at the time of interference.
- If the second batting team did not have the Opportunity to play the 50% of the allotted overs, match will continue to another day from where the game has stopped.
4.Mrs.T.Rasheeda Mohammed Kuttys
- The Tournament Committee consists of the Following members:
1.Dr.A.M.Moorthy – Chairman
2.Dr.E.Kannan – Member
3.Dr.S.Irudayaraj – Member
4.Dr.G.Srinivasan Ragavan –Member
- In any circumstances, Umpires decision is final.
VPL 2K19 – ROUND I – KNOCK OUT MATCH SCHEDULE
|MATCH NO.||POOL||TEAM 1||TEAM 2||DATE||TIME|
|1||1||TROPHY FIGHTERS||BLAZING TITANS||22-Aug||3:30 PM|
|3||ROYAL STRIKERS||KILLER WHALES||23-Aug||10:30AM|
|4||HOPES 11||MEDIA RAIDERS||23-Aug||3:00PM|
|5||2||HITTERS||RISING 11||25-Aug||8:00 AM|
|6||SUPER KINGS||CITIZEN CRICKET CLUB||25-Aug||10:30AM|
|7||ARYA 11||VELTECH A||25-Aug||3:00PM|
|8||DOMINATORS||YOUNG BLOOD||06-Sep||3:30 PM|
|9||3||TEAM 07||BELIEVERS||07-Sep||8:00 AM|
|11||11 BELIVERS||11 CHEETHAS||07-Sep||3:00PM|
|12||GAME SWINGERS||OCEAN WARRIORS||08-Sep||8:00 AM|
|13||4||CRICKET LOVERS||CAPE COBRAS||08-Sep||10:30AM|
|15||MONSTER TITANS||BYE||15-Sep||8:00 AM|
Prof. Dr. E. Kannan
Director Campus Affairs
Mobile: +91 98401 22200