Department of Information Technology was established in the year 1998, emphasizes in the areas of Information Technology, Software Engineering and Domain Specific Applications facilitating the advanced technical skills of students. The department was appreciated by the CSIR for the students’ contribution towards the e-Governance Projects. Students of this department are undertaking advanced courses offered by Cisco, Microsoft, RedHat, IBM, and EMC2. Students are well placed in the top MNCs such as TCS, WIPRO, CTS, IBM, Infosys, HCL, Hexaware, Tech Mahindra, Steria etc.,
State of the art facility
The department provides strong information technology and communication oriented academic programmes in a state-of-the-art environment to advance theoretical, experimental and applied computer science through universally recognized research facilitated labs.
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
- CMC Limited
- Infosys Technologies
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS)
- ITI Limited
- Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC)
- Nagoya Institute of Technology (NIT), Japan
- Object Oriented Programming Laboratory
- Mobile Application Development Laboratory
- Graphics Laboratory
- ASP.NET Laboratory
- IBM Cyber Security
- C-DAC Advanced Computing
The academic curriculum prepares students for flexible career paths as computer scientists in industry, government and academia and continuing advancement in computing to support society by participating technology transfer in globally recognised fields of computer science and engineering, research and training to meet the growing needs of the industry and society.
After 3-5 years from the year of graduation, our graduates will,
- Achieve technical/managerial position in business, IT industry or government enterprises with the understanding of ethical, legal and public policy issues.
- Think critically to solve IT and related real-life/time problems.
- Demonstrate sustained learning and adapting to a constantly changing field through graduate work, professional development and self study.
- Pursue higher studies in information security, information systems, telecommunications and other related information technology areas.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals in information technology to the solution of complex problem.
- Identify, analyze, formulate a problem and define the computing requirements through literature survey to the solution of complex problem.
- Design hardware and software systems, components, or processes to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to organize, analyze and interpret data to produce meaningful conclusions through research-based knowledge.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for complex IT practice.
- Apply the knowledge of contemporary issues in the social sciences and humanities using computational tools.
- Show the understanding of impact of engineering solutions in a global on the society, economic, environment.
- Develop an understanding of professional, legal, and ethical issues and responsibilities.
- Work effectively as an individual, or as a member with responsibility to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Communicate effectively in speech and in writing, including documentation of hardware and software systems.
- Demonstrate an ability to acquire new knowledge in the IT discipline and to engage in life-long learning.
- Apply engineering and management knowledge and techniques to estimate time and resources needed to complete a computer engineering project.
- Big Data Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Data Mining
- Information & Network Security
- Internet Technology
- Mobile Computing
- Wireless Sensor Networks