THE Impact Rankings 2021
Times Higher Education (THE), published the 2021 THE Impact Rankings.Vel Tech proved its strengths in industry, innovation and infrastructure, clean water and sanitation, reduce inequality and partnership for goals this year too. This is THE’s pioneering initiative to recognize universities across the world for their social and economic impact based on the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). More than 1,115 Universities across the globe which are teaching undergraduates and performing research participated in third edition of THE Impact Rankings 2021.
The ranks secured in THE Impact Rankings 2021 reveals that the Vel Tech has been consistently proving that it provides the wholistic education to its students making them responsible citizen by inculcating the concept of sustainability in Teaching, Research and Practice. The Vel Tech secured the ranks as given below.
- SDG 6: 201-300 Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- SDG 9: 201-300 Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
- SDG 10: 401-600 Reduce income inequality within and among countries
- SDG 17: 801-1000 Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
- Overall world ranking: 801-1000
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, are an urgent call for action by all countries – developed and developing – in a global partnership. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.
The achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030 will require the resources of Universities and higher education and it will require diﬀerent sectors and actors working together in an integrated manner by pooling financial resources, knowledge and expertise.
Click the following link to find out more details about THE Impact Rankings 2021.