About Vel Tech Science Fest
School of Science and Humanities organizes an intercollegiate event “Vel Tech Science Fest” on the occasion of National Science day on 28th Feb 2019.The aim of the event is to promote true scientific spirit and to propagate the importance of science and its applications. Hands-on scientific investigation is the main focus of our fest.
Participants are invited to submit their innovative ideas in the field of Science and Technology.
The event relates and targets to address the most important challenges in latest technologies.
The member should perform the talk based on topic, maximum of 10 minutes.
The member should present the topic combined with Power point and animations.
Dr. Smilee Mathuram / EEE
Dr. Sivarathinabala /ECE
Venue: Edison Hive
Number of students : 2
Paper must include the following:
- Names of author(s) and affiliated organization(s)
- Abstract (brief summary of objectives, methods, results, and conclusions)
- Background Information
- Project Objectives
- Materials and Methods
- Results (tables, graphs, charts)
- Discussion of possible future directions or why project is complete
Dr. Hazarathaiah Yadav/ Chemistry
Venue: C. V. Raman Hive
Number of students per team – 3
Areas to be covered:
- Basic sciences
- Current affairs
- Computer Science
- Scientists and their inventions
Dr. M. L. Suresh / Maths
Venue : Mahatma Gandhi Auditorium
Project Presentation with working model: Maximum Four persons per team
Project Presentation without model: Maximum Five persons per team
Event Topics :
- Smart Farming
- Water resource management
- Internet of Things
- Mobile Applications
- Intelligent Transportation
- Renewable Energy
- Scientific models
- Any other innovative project ideas with proof of concept
Dr. R. Jothilakshmi/ Physics
Dr. R. Suguna / CSE
Venue: Velmurugan Auditorium
- What will humans do once all jobs are gone to ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI)?
- Are we becoming Technological Zombies?
- Can the Chip control the mind too?
- Blue Brain vs Human Brain
- Ban on Plastics bags: Will it save the world?
Guidelines for Elocution
- Content should be self-composed
- The Language of Elocution is English
- Quotes and reference from any poems written by others are allowed
- Judges decisions will be final and binding on all candidates
- Decisions criteria will be following
- Delivery and Style
Dr. Bindu/ English
Dr. Udayakumar/ MECH
Venue: Thanikaivelan Auditorium
Help Desk No. : +91 99441 26707 / 96777 63279
E-mail ID: email@example.com