PURSUE YOUR CREATIVE PASSION
School of Media Technology & Communication was established in the year 2016.The department offers B.Sc Visual Communication and B.Sc Multimedia. The programmes are designed to prepare students for media industry, and train them to critically analyse the ways in which the media reflects, represents and influences society.
- B.Sc. Visual Communication
The Visual Communication Programme helps the students to develop their creative skills in Designing, Photography, Advertising, Editing, Television Production, Script Writing, Film Making, Web Designing, etc. Besides teaching the fundamentals, students are trained with the necessary technical skills to face the media industry confidently. The Course provides suitable Academic ambience along with professional teachers.
- B.Sc. Multimedia
The Multimedia Programme offers creative expertise in various aspects of Animation, Digital Design, Gaming and Visual Effects. The Programme groom the students thoroughly to become confident Animators, Game Designers, and VFX Artists to function in the media industry. Professional coaching with intensive lab training helps the students to work in different media platforms like 2D/3D Animation Films, Augmetned Reality, Virtural Reality, UI/UX Design and Artificial Intelligence.
Our media graduants are industry- ready communication professionals who can undertake roles such as:
|Graphic Designer||2D/3D Character Animator|
|Media Planner||Storyboard Artist|
|Script Writer||Video Editor|
|Content Creator||Rigging Artist|
|Art Director||VFX Artist|
|Programme Producer||Game Designer|
|Sound Designer||Digital Painter|
|Public Relations||Production Designer|
Hands on Experience
The state-of-the-art-infrastructure facilitates practical media pedagogy. The School of Media Technology & Communication is equipped with an unmatched range of production equipment and services that enable us deliver broadcast quality content for media production par excellence.
“Focus Club” aims to bridge the gap between the academics and the media industry. This is a forum to nurture and develop creative minds of new age. The club is dedicated to supporting and encouraging creative work, exhibition and study of documentary film/world cinema/ story telling through multiple platforms. This club organises workshops, seminars, film screenings, field visits, periodic art and photography competition and various practical activities, all of which aim to provide students with a broad understanding of today’s media world. The club is also an initiative that concentrates on honing leadership skills, team building, interpersonal communication and event management.
As part of the curriculum, students are given adequate industrial exposure and field work to enhance their hands-on – experience. A semester-long internship in a media house enabling them to graduate with industry experience. Apart from in-house live projects, students are encouraged to venture into their creative productions.
The curriculum design offers the scope for intensive practical training that help to hone the skill set of students. They are taught through lectures, workshops, expert talks, field visits, live demos, seminars, screenings, and practical activities that mold them into media professionals. The students undergo a semester-long internship that gives them a taste of real-world media scenarios and prepares them for the media landscape.
- Handle media situations effectively in terms of content production, content editing and management.
- Function in the media industry as a media professional with social and ethical awareness.
- Pursue higher education, training, research and development in media and communication.
- Develop media business models for sustainable media industry or entrepreneur.
- Engage life-long learning to become successful in their professional work.
Visual Communication & Multimedia Graduates will develop:
- Domain knowledge: Apply the knowledge of media and communication to address the issues pertaining to content, production, editing and managing.
- Problem analysis: To analyze complex communication problems reaching substantiated strategies.
- Design Thinking: Demonstrate the ability to think critically, creatively, independently and arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Aesthetic Expression: Acquire competence in visual and emergent media forms and communicate clearly and creatively in forms and styles appropriate for audiences and purposes they serve.
- Software Technology usage: Demonstrate an understanding of current media technologies and their capabilities, limitations and implications from multiple perspectives, including that of producer, participant and audience.
- Media professional and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to legal, historical, sociological, political and economic foundations of media institutions and thus understand the centrality of media for citizenship and social justice in a democratic society.
- Media ecology and sustainability: Understand the impact of the communication solutions in social and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethical norms and social responsibilities of media practice and thus become society responsible media persons
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse media teams, and different production stages.
- Effective Communication: Comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, give and receive clear instructions, and curate content across media genres specific to the creative brief.
- Media Management: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding to manage various genres and media production also develops sustainable business models in media industry.
- Reach Excellence: Recognize the need for excellence in the chosen career and have the preparation and ability to engage in life-long learning.
I have embarked on a new path in media studies in a disciplined manner, I have identified my passion is in Visual Effects with the support and guidance from my faculty members.
I like the friendly atmosphere here and the fact that the teachers are approachable at all times. Their way of teaching is really interesting. We are enthused by the classes. My grades have gone up as our teachers give individual attention on each student. Every project is given equal importance and we are encouraged to strive for excellence.
At the end of my first year, I was confident enough to produce a documentary and submit the same to International Film Festival of Kerala 2017. Though I was going to learn the nuances of film making only in the higher semesters, my department supported me in my maiden endeavor in terms of creative and technical aspects. With the constant support of the media department, my second film “Drupada” won the prize for Best Editing in an intercollegiate media fest.
Our department concentrates on educating us in a creative manner and strengthening us technically.