FranceCol is a consulting and innovation industrial firm in the field of power electronics and offer a range of electronic inverters, Transformers and inductive single and three phases, Motor Control, Technical documentation, Training in electronics.
Vel Tech along with FranceCol is engaged in the following Research Projects:
1. Embedded electric wheel drive for assisted mobility in bicycles
This project consists of designing, developing, fabricating and testing of an embedded wheel drive with electric motor of 500W rating. The wheel drive can be retrofitted in all types of cycles.
2. Solar energy module with LED drive and USB charging
This project consists of designing, developing, fabricating and testing of an embedded Solar energy module of 1 kW with an LED drive of 10V and a USB charging port of 5V.
Fig: Flowchart for the primary components of the Renewable energy system (Arrows denote the direction of energy flow).
3.Bluetooth driver controlled renewable energy system
The project consists of integrating a Bluetooth module to the V5 power board( 1Kw Converter-Inverter Power circuit Board) and control its applications using an android application from a smart phone. The module is further used to control the solar energy system from previous project.
4. Cost effective Bamboo Bicycle
The project consists of designing, developing, fabricating and testing of bicycle made up of bamboo frame with a new innovative design and structure. This concept and will later be integrated with the e-bike motor.
Fig: CAD model of the bicycle
5.Induction motor control
The project consists of automatic speed control of induction motor using Vissim software and also implements the Vissim program into the standard industrial form of command-generique-4 function, and testing of the V5 board (1Kw Converter-Inverter Power circuit Board ) for production.
Meta language is the user friendly IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for users who has less knowledge in C programming and wants to develop prototypes using certain hardware. It is written in C code and its user friendly IDE helps the user to write the programs at ease. Using Meta language, it is possible to read and write a GPIO(General Purpose Input Output) and interfacing it to a sensor to do a lot of interesting things. Right now, Meta language is developed for Digital Signal Processor (TMS320F2808) and more micro processors will be included in future.
7. E-Bike motor (Version 1)
The project consists of designing, developing, fabricating and testing of electric motor for bicycle for commercial purposes. A prototype has been made successfully and is under testing.
8. Designing new type of electric motors
Based on orders from France ,Vel Tech team deign Miscellaneous parts, and complete motors as required by their customers. All these designs are based on the users’s requirement meeting industrial applications.
9. Energy efficient motor controller using various Micro Controllers, Brushless DC (BLDC) motors are electronically commutated motors that offer many advantages over brush type DC motors .This project works on 3-phase BLDC motor control using MSP430F5529, STM32 and STM8S, as the motor controller. Hall sensors are used to detect the rotor position and close the commutation loop. Both open loop and closed-loop control implementations are discussed. This project is conducted as an experiment for replacing the TMS320 processor in V5C-R-V5 board which is a patented power inverter board of FranceCol Technology.