Date(s) - 28/07/2018
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Workshop on RF system for Satellite on 28th July 2018
Organized By Vel Tech Small Satellite Team
About RF Workshop:
Objective of this workshop is to provide basic knowledge in RF design considerations, Data Communication and include example which are relevant to current industry requirements involved in satellite and space environment. Eminent personalities from ISRO and SAMEER will kindle our thoughts in RF design constraints related with satellite viz temperature (-55 to +85C), temperature radiation, bottleneck problems, impedance matching, stability, material selection, bias sequencing, reverse bias protection, design related problems like link margin, bandwidth, beam shape and reflection etc. With the excellence in the academics and experiences in the research projects Veltech Institutions are also encouraged and supported to start the research activities in the aerospace area and especially space technology and applications. As a part of this, with the encouragement and support provided by ISRO for development of the small satellites with innovative payload experiments, it is proposed to develop a nano satellite with a bus concept, so as to use the same bus with innovative payloads in different missions. The nano satellite proposed is of 10 Kg mass and size of 200mm x 200mm x 200mm with four deployable solar panels and supporting the power requirement of power greater than 15watts, with lithium ion batteries to support the eclipse and during peak loads. Participants have an opportunity to discuss with “VelSmall Satellite” experts and sub system engineers. This workshop will be beneficially to the students those who are working in RF design, nano satellite communication and ground subsystem engineers.
Society for Small Satellite Systems, launched on the same day as ISRO put 104 satellites into their respective orbits, is a focused forum to enable and foster sharing of knowledge gained among experts, academia, industry and R&D institutes in all areas related to small satellite covering design, simulation, production, quality, testing, payloads & sensors and to create manpower with requisite skill for various start ups and other stake holders.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES :
- To Promote, Motivate, Support And Encourage Projects / Innovations / Research In The Area Of Small Satellite Systems And Applications.
- To Seek Recognition By And Collaborate With All Appropriate Agencies For Better Inter Disciplinary Projects / Research
- Diffusion Of Technical & Scientific Education About Satellite Technologies And Applications Among The Members.
- To Promote Creativity And Inculcate Scientific Temper Among The Young Generation To Buildfuture Space Missions.
- To Build A Network Of National Chapter And Disseminate All Information On Small Satellite Development Activities.
- To Create Awareness In Students And Staff Of Schools, Colleges, And Universities About The Space Technology And Applications, And Also Entrepreneurs And Industrialists.
- To Represent Government For Making Suitable Policies On Space Technology, Satellites, Launch Vehicles And Applications.