Director International Relations
A person of steadfast values and hard work
Dr. S. Sivaperumal, an Alumnus of Vel Tech is presently the Director of International Relations and Associate Professor in the department of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Communication Engineering from Vel Tech (Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai)
- Master of Engineering in VLSI Design from Vel Tech (Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai).
- Doctoral Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering from Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr.Sagunthala R & D Institute of Science and Technology.
- He has been with Vel Tech Institutions since 2005 at various responsibilities such as Controller of Attendance, Placement Officer, Technical Secretary to Founder Chancellor, Head of Engineering Research and Deputy Director of International Relations.
His experience includes the activities connected to Industry Relations and students skill developments. He has published 20 research papers in Scopus indexed Journals and Conferences. He has completed one project worth INR 186 Lakh and has 2 on-going projects worth INR 28 Lakh as Co-PI. He is currently Reviewer of Taylor & Francis – Systems Science and Control Engineering an Open Access Journal, IEEE Access, International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, Elsevier’s Optik – International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, Pramana – Journal of Physics, Elsevier’s Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence: The International Journal of Intelligent Real-Time Automation, International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, International Journal of Signal and Imaging Systems Engineering etc. He is the member of Institution of Engineers (India), ISTE & ISCA. He has experience in organizing 4 international conferences with Galaxy of International Speakers across the globe along with funding support of Government Ministeries, Associations and Private Organizations.
He is a member of Board of Management, Academic Council and IQAC. He served as Student Council Liaison Teacher for 4 years.
He has visited Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, UAE and USA towards establishing and strengthening of Academic and Research Collaborations.
Some of the Noteworthy achievements in International Relations under his Leadership includes
- Invited Nobel Laureate (Dr.Takkaki KAJITA, Physics, 2015) for the University Convocation 2017.
- Received recognition from Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in India for 5 Exclusive Scholarship to Vel Tech Students for pursuing Higher Studies (Masters / Ph.D.) (Full Tuition Fee and stipend of INR 45,000 per month from Taiwan Government). No. of students awarded this scholarship: 2017 – 3, 2018 – 8 and 2019 – 10. This award was purely based on the Semester Abroad. Total number of Scholarship for South Asia is 45 per year.
- Recognition from EdCIL, MHRD, Government of India’s Study in India (SII) Initiative for International Students admission.
- On single day, MoUs with 8 Taiwan Universities were signed for various exchange activities on 25th September 2017 and hosted delegates from more than 15 Highly Ranked Taiwan Universities including a University President as part of Taiwan Higher Education Fair.
- Publication of News Letter / Bulletin biannually (6 Issues already published) to increase the visibility of Vel Tech in International arena and the International Relation activities with-in Vel Tech. (Can be accessed at /international-relation/)
- Initiated and got 6 Research Internship at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore with partial funding from NTU and Vel Tech.
- Initiated and got more than 100 Research Internship at Taiwan with stipend of INR 28,000 per month for 5 months over the last two years.
- 4 Students got selected to participate in the 19th World Youth Festival at Sochi, Russia during 14th Oct to 23rd Oct 2017 with Funding support from Host and Vel Tech.
- Arranged and Hosted more than 100 International Visiting Faculty Courses over the last 3 years.
- More than 250 students were nominated to Partner University across 10 countries over the last 3 years.
- Signed more than 70 New MoUs / Agreements with International Institutions including UC Berkeley besides following more than 110 active cooperation.
- International Faculty members were appointed at Vel Tech from USA, Taiwan and Bangladesh.
- Signed MoU with Ministry of Science and Technology and Ministry of Education, Ethiopia for their upgrading their Government Employees Qualification and Skiils
- Signed MoU with Ministry of Economic Affairs, Taiwan for recruitment of Vel Tech Graduates by Taiwan Industries through TAITRA.
Dr. S. Sivaperumal
Director for International Relations
Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr.Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology
No.42, Avadi-Vel Tech Road,
Avadi, Chennai-600 062,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: 96000 40255