About 55 teams from across the globe participated in the competition that was organized on 27th and 28th May 2016in South Korea at the Korea Automobile Testing & Research Institute (Songsan-myeon Hwaseong Gyeonggi-Do,),
The event was organized by:
– Korea Automobile Testing & Research Institute, Korea Transportation Safety Authority (TS) ,Samjon-ro, Songsan-myeon, Hwaseong, Gyeonggi-do
– Korea Auto-Vehicle Safety Association: 02-581-8015 (Ji-Hee Yang),: Korea Auto-Vehicle Safety Association, Rm. No. 916, Hyundai Dream Tower,923-14, Mok-dong, Yangcheon-gu, Seoul.
This international Competition is conducted every year
• To helpstudents perceive automobile safety,
• Master automobile and design technologies and
• Encourage team work and the competitive spirit.
The competition was conducted under two categories,Electric Vehicles and Hybrid Vehicles. Students from Vel Tech Dr .RR & Dr.SR. Technical University designed & assembled hybrid Vehicle as per the rules of the competition.
The automobile was operated using 4 batteries as the source of power. (Charging systems using internal combustion engines). It took 2 months for the students to assembled the vehicle. A team of 15 students under the guidance of Professor C.S.Sivakumar and Workshop head Mr.Ahamed Jinnah,worked round the clock to achieve this mammoth task with precision that brought this coveted outstanding team award.Mr.Vikneshwararaj. M. presently pursuing his M.Tech Programme in IC Engines at Vel Tech was the captain of the team and Dr.Amala Justus, Head of automobile Engineering Department was the advisor.